I was born in Gambhariguda, part of a small town of Dharamgarh in Kalahandi district of Orissa, India and educated as a chemist.
My teaching interest is General Chemistry and Physical Chemistry.
My research work is focused on self-assembly, nanocapsules, fluorescence spectroscopy, single molecule studies, nano-chemistry through green synthesis, and biophysical chemistry emphasizing on spices having medicinal benefits.
61. Digambara Patra*, Fatima Sleem, A new method for pH triggered curcumin release by applying poly (L-lysine) mediated nanoparticle-congregation, Analytica Chimica Acta, 795, 60 -68 (2013)
60. Elsy El Khoury, Digambara Patra*, Ionic liquid expedites partition of curcumin into solid gel but discourages into liquid crystalline phases of 1,2 -dimyristoyl-sn-glycero-3-phosphocholine liposome, Journal of Physical Chemistry B, 117, 9699 -9708 (2013)
59. Ala'a O. El-Ballouli, Rony S. Khnayzer, Jihane C. Khalife, Alexandr Fonari, Kassem M. Hallal, Tatiana V. Timofeeva, Digambara Patra, Felix N. Castellano, Brigitte Wex*, Bilal R. Kaafarani, Diarylpyrene vs. diaryltetrahydropyrenes: crystal structures, fluorescence and upconversion photochemistry, Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology A, 272, 49 -57 (2013)
58. Digambara Patra*, Diana Ahmadieh, Riwa Aridi, Study on interaction of bile salts with curcumin and curcumin embedded in dipalmitoyl-sn-glycero-3-phosphocholine liposome, Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces, 110, 296 - 304 (2013)
57. Bilal R. Kaafarani*, Ala'a O. El-Ballouli, Raman Trattnig, Alexandr Fonari, Stefan Sax, Brigitte Wex, Chad Risko, Rony S. Khnayzer, Stephen Barlow, Digambara Patra, Tatiana V. Timofeeva, Emil J. W. List, Jean-Luc Bre'das, Seth R. Marder, Bis (carbazolyl) derivatives of pyrene and tetrahydropyrene: synthesis, structure, optical properties, electrochemistry, and electroluminescence, Journal of Materials Chemistry C, 1, 1638 - 1650 (2013)
56. Digambara Patra*, Riwa Aridi, Kamal Bouhadir, Fluorometric sensing of DNA using curcumin encapsulated nanoparticles assembled microcapsules from poly (diallylammonium chloride-co-sulfur dioxide), Microchimica Acta, 180, 59 - 64 (2013)
55. Christelle Barakat, Digambara Patra*, Combining time-resolved fluorescence technique with synchronous fluorescence spectroscopy to study bovine serum albumin-curcumin complex during unfolding and refolding processes, Luminescence, 28, 149- 155 (2013)
M.Sc., M.Phil., Ph.D
Department of Chemistry
American University of Beirut
P.O. Box: 11-0236, Riad El Solh
Beirut 1107 - 2020, Lebanon
MW 11:00 - 12:30 (Fall 2013-14)
Tel: +961 1 350 000 ext 3985
Fax: +961 1 365 217